This course is ideal if you want to ensure that you are carrying out a safety lift each time you manually handle materials and packages.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercise, all of which are highlighted by the use of PowerPoint & Videos covering: -
- The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1999 Health and Safety at Work Order 1978 & other relevant legislation.
- Duties of Employers.
- Duties of Employees.
- Identifying the load.
- Anatomy of the spine.
- Principles of good movement.
- Types & causes of injury.
- Practical application of lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying and safety lift
The 2nd half of the day contains the fire awareness section and this unit covers;
- Nature and types of fires
- Causes of Fire and Fire Spread.
- Means of Escape from Fire.
- Moving in Smoke.
- Methods of tackling an outbreak of Fire.
- Identification of Extinguishers.
- Safety issues in tackling an Outbreak of Fire.
- Types of fire and smoke spread.
- Safe use of extinguishers.
- Correct methods of fire attack and safe withdrawal.
This course is CITB approved, for more information or to make a course booking please contact us on 0289263949 or email@example.com
Emergency 1st Aid | Tachograph and Drivers Hours | Professional Truck Driver | Advanced Professional Truck Driver