The ITSSAR Forklift Instructors course is designed for operatives who have a number of years experience who then wish to become forklift instructors. Once qualified delegates are then able to train and test to ITSSAR standards and will be registered with the awarding body as a category 1 instructor. BSD Training are 1 of only 2 centres in Northern Ireland that are approved by ITSSAR to conduct Instructor Level training and we have all the facilities required to conduct this course at our training centre in Lisburn just outside Belfast.
For new / first time instructors the course lasts for 10 days and covers a wide range of instructional techniques and practical topics including;
- Principles of instruction
- Simple task analysis
- Preparing a job break-down sheet
- Planning, preparing and presenting a practical demonstration
- Planning, preparing and presenting a practical lesson
- Planning, preparing and presenting a classroom lesson
- Use of question and answer techniques
- Developing training courses suitable for new trainees or experienced operators
- Guidance in specific job and familiarisation training
- Constructing, conducting and marking practical and theoretical tests of trainees’ operating ability
- Certification of operators after basic training
- Employers’ authorisation to operate
For those instructors that currently hold an ITSSAR instructors licence need to renew this card every 5 years. The renewal course lasts for 3-5 days depending on the amount of training that the delegate has carried out over the previous 5 years.
For more information please contact us on Tel; 02892639459 or email@example.com