The Sideloader Forklift course is designed to ensure delegates are able to safely operate the machine, carry out pre-use inspections, be able to load and unload vehicles and static racking. Side loaders are common plate in timber yards and storage yards due to their ability to operate heavy loads in relatively narrow isle situations. This course is both ITSSAR and CITB approved.
There are a number of practical and theoretical aspects to the course which include the following;
- Provision and use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Health and Safety at Work Order 1978.
- Other current relevant regulations.
- Introduction to the machine.
- Pre – shift inspections.
- Controls and instruments.
- Coolant, Fuel and Lubrication.
- Emergency controls.
- Driving on / off ramps.
- Operator’s safety code.
- Handling loaded / unloaded pallets and difficult shaped loads.
For more information please contact us on Tel; 02892639459