At BSD Training we can provide basic chainsaw operation training course for both experienced and non experienced delegates.
The chainsaw operation course covers the following topics;
• The Regulations and safety requirements relating to the safe use of chainsaws and in particular the Provisional and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (NI) 1999.
• The manual handling risks of operations associated with chainsaw operation.
• The importance of wearing and maintaining correct PPE.
• Emergency planning (first aid).
• Prepares for use and maintains the chainsaw to an acceptable standard.
• Understand the machine’s components, functions and controls including daily, weekly and periodic maintenance of the saw, guide bar and chain, chain brake testing.
• Be fully aware of all potential hazards relating to chainsaw work, assessing safe access routes to and from work areas, risks of not wearing suitable PPE, risks from inappropriate techniques when starting and operating the chainsaw as well as risks arising from inappropriate maintenance of chainsaws.
• Cut prune/cut back overhanging branches using basic compression cuts and tension cuts.
• Crosscut timber to manageable sizes including branches cut down as well as small diameter trees up to 380 mm in diameter. To include consideration of environmental benefits of cut timber.
• Handling aids and manual handling techniques to be considered.
For information of our next chainsaw training course please contact us on 02892639459 or email us; email@example.com